Thursday, March 6, 2008

Was too tired to blog yesterday...shall blog about my first ever camp as a camp instructor.

Day 1.
Met the rest of the instructors in St Hilda's sec school. Was assigned to class 3E...this was also the first time I met my mirror instructor Nurbaya.

The sec 3s were having a workshop about leadership...we had to listen and take down notes as well for our debrief sessions. The first impression they gave me was that I was going to die...all very rowdy...bully their form teacher...

Finally set off to St John's island. Settled them into their bunks..very messy...a logistical nightmare..need to settle the beach beds...pillow casings and bedsheets...

Played casualty challenge at night. My group the most number of people injured..as in literally...all either fell down or were being pushed. Had to stop and 'scold' them...

Before bedtime had to debrief them on the day's events and what I expected of them and what I hope they would learn from the first day.

They went to bed and we the instructors had our debrief from Veron(my boss)..after that they did their dances and cheers..very fun..first day I really like 1 blur cock...oh and always kanna saboh-ed by my campers...

Day 2.
Had all the station games...then had to prepare for campfire items. My campers on the whole are Ok..except for some..but I cannot just give up on them..so had to try means to persuade them to take part. My blood pressure raised like fuck...but kept my cool...

Ended up giving the class a prep talk with Nurbaya. Most listened and changed..damn happy man...but some still show attitude...nevermind...at least I managed to save some of them.

Campfire was really fun...had to hide coz' kanna saboh-ed and I dunno the cheer. After campfire the instructors lined up in 1 line and address their group with a emo speech with a mic in front of everyone.

Said what I wanted to said...some people cried...I see le I also damn sad. Teared a lil. Damn bloody sad...

Did sentry that nighr...damn bloody tired. The instructors slept outside their respectve camper's bunks...

Day 3.
Debrief...area cleaning...photo-taking..and back to mainland Singapore.

Had lunch with the other instructors...did some really dumb things.



We did the same thing in Citilink...

The instructors all damn zi high and enthu sia...

Home sweet home

Ait no link but the scenary in St John's island was really nice..lol..

Time to reflect on these 3 days. I really had alot of fun doing the camp...being the first time..it is definately very memorable...I think this job is really like a teacher..why? A teacher teaches the class in terms of academics and life values. Same thing for instructors..we are the teachers outside school. What we teach are values such as teamwork and not giving up..we also teach them to strive for a common good. There is really a great sense of satisfaction and fulfilment I derived from it..it is also a really good learning experience for me.

Will upload photos soon...

Peace out!

No comments: